Sunday, August 28, 2011

What's Your Limit?

I am trying an experiment. I know that it's never OK to call a woman fat. But I want to see how close I can get to being punched in the face with my choice of words describing Sam's belly. So far I've tried: 
1. Tubby. The setup went something like this, " Hey Sam, I have a really cute nickname for you". Her reaction was pretty shocking actually. She laughed and thought it was funny. Now, she sometimes refers to herself as tubby.
2. Elephant. This one came out because she was complaining about how big her stomach looked and how heavy it felt. I just told her that she's in the same category as an elephant. She strongly disagreed.
3. School Bus. We were laying down in bed the other day and like always, she was on 'my side' of the bed. So I told her that it felt like I was sleeping in the bed with a school bus. She almost cried. 
4. Angry Bird Hog. Out of no where I thought it would be funny to tell her how cute she looked to me. Maybe it's because I just got done playing about 2 hours of angry birds or maybe because I am a jerk. But either way, I told her that she looked like one of the Angry Bird hogs. More specifically I told her that she reminded me of the one with the cement helmet. She rolled her eyes and told me to shut up. 

These are actual confrontations that took place. I just want to see where the limit is and to be honest, I don't think I've found it yet. So of course I will continue to look for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment